The central bank raised its forecast for gross domestic product growth this year to 4.7% from a previous estimate of 4.1% in March. The forecast for 2007 inflation was cut to 3.5% from 3.8%, according to the central bank's quarterly report on inflation.
The central bank, led by Henrique Meirelles, reduced the overnight lending rate by half a percentage point to 12%
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power