Analysts say that full year growth for 2008 is now likely to between 7.5% and 8%, well down on the 9% to 10% level that Indians have become accustomed to, with higher energy and fuel prices, as well as higher interest rates, the main cause.
Observers say concerns about price stability make it unlikel
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says