An expanding foreign trade deficit and rapidly rising consumer credit had put pressure on the central bank to tighten monetary condition.
The economic indicators "prompted the bank to raise the interest rates and make the currency more expensive," Fullani sa
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development