The IMF officials are expected to urge the government to make spending cuts a cornerstone of its economic recovery plan.
Free government spending drove the country deep into debt, forced it to default on its payments and devalue its currency, and pushed the economy into free-fall.
Because of the default the IMF is now t
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations