The program was set up in Nov 2002 to help Japan's banks reduce the risk to their shareholdings of volatility on the stock market.
The BOJ said it has purchased stocks held by commercial banks worth a total of 2.018 trln yen. This was below the 3 trln yen limit the BoJ had set for the program.
The BoJ said in its statement that, in line with its initial plan, it wil
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting