The volumes of foreign exchange traded has grown by 65% over the last three years, the preliminary results of the Bank for International Settlement's (BIS) triennial survey reveal, with global daily turnover averaging $3.2 trillion in April 2007.
BIS said growth in the use of prime brokerages, and more trading by hedge funds and retail investors, led to the acceleration of activity in the market.
Trading between reporting dealers and other financial institutions grew, accounting for 40% of to
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push