Indian inflation has reached a 20-year low of just 0.44%.
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry said on Thursday that the annual rate of the wholesale price index (WPI) inflation, the monetary-policy relevant measure, stood only at 0.44% in the year to 7 March compared to 2.43% just a week earlier.
The biggest decline occurred for goods deemed non-food essentials, which dropped 2.1% decline week-on-week. Food prices declined by 0.7% and the energy cost index fell by 0.8%. The index for manufact
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde