In an interview with the Italian daily La Repubblica, Padoa-Schioppa, an Executive Board member of the European Central Bank, said that an economy recovery is underway in Europe but the continent has to boost domestic demand.
This must not be achieved by supplementary government spending, however, he said.
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting