In a submission to the Government on the regulator, the association called for Mary Harney's department to have a major role the appointment of key positions.
The comments of the consumers' lobby came as the chairman of Financial Services Authority Brian Patterson defended the new body from criticism.
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency