"I personally think concern about consumer debt is exaggerated in many quarters," Minneapolis Federal Reserve President Gary Stern said, noting that household net worth is at an "all-time high."
"Overall, on average, consumers are in pretty good financial shape," Stern said in response to questions before a gathering of risk managers.
Asked about a r
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde