Lee, 61, will succeed current BOK governor Park Seung, whose four-year term is to expire at the end of this month, it said.
After joining the central bank in 1968, following graduation from Seoul National University's College of Commerce, Lee has held major posts with the BOK.
He worked in the bank's departments of monetary poli
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors