Analysts said the trials would deal another serious blow to Mohammad Khatami, the moderate president whose attempts at political and economic reforms have been repeatedly stymied by hardline rivals in control of the judiciary.
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair