However, leading western nations appeared resigned to accepting Paul Wolfowitz as the next head of the World Bank in spite of varying degrees of irritation expressed privately by European officials.
Acknowledging the doubts, Mr Wolfowitz, who has been a controversial figure as US deputy defence secretary, said in
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations