The increase was below the market consensus which forecast a 2.6% gain, but above May's figure of 2.3%. The Bank of Korea's inflation target is in the range of 2.5% and 3.5% for 2007-2009.
The rise was fuelled by higher service fees, and housing rents plus rising costs of industrial goods and fruit.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde