Under the terms of the facility, the Bank of Latvia can borrow up to €500m, of which the Riksbank will supply €375m, in exchange for lats.
"It is important that central banks cooperate and assist each other in times of financial crisis," said the governor of the Riksbank, Stefan Ingves.
"There is also a risk that a financial crisis in Latvia could spread and create unease on t
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations