The committee is composed of senior representatives from the central bank and the treasury, and economists from academia and the private sector.
One of the main tasks of the committee will be to sort out the interaction between government borrowing and monetary policy. At the moment, the rate on government Treasury Bills
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor