Horst Koehler, IMF managing director, said in a statement that he is willing to recommend the IMF board approve a new Supplemental Reserve Facility for Turkey of $7.5 billion, based on pledges of financial reforms by the Turkish government.
This money will augment th
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say