The bank had originally targeted inflation of 4 percent, plus or minus 2.5 percentage points, for 2003. But a sharp depreciation of Brazil's currency, the real, last year has made it largely impossible for it to meet that target.
Markets currently expect inflation to end the year at 11.19 percent, a
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde