Ignatyev added the widening of the trading band may be accompanied by an appreciation of the currency in the next few months.
"We do not rule out the possibility of raising the nominal effective ruble in the coming months. We also can't exclude an increase in all or some of the central bank's rates," said Ignatye
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot