Ignatyev added the widening of the trading band may be accompanied by an appreciation of the currency in the next few months.
"We do not rule out the possibility of raising the nominal effective ruble in the coming months. We also can't exclude an increase in all or some of the central bank's rates," said Ignatye
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio