He told reporters after discussing the economy with President Jorge Sampaio that it was up to the new centre-right government to find a solution to Portugal's budget woes.
The Finance Ministry said last week that the 2001 budget shortfall was estimated at 2.4 percent of gross domestic product. The previous estimate of 2.2 percent w
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development