Source: Berliner Zeitung
The European Central Bank's chief economist, Otmar Issing, warned that Germany could enter a period of deflation if inflation continued to slow in the coming months.
"When talking about Germany, no-one can exclude, in the current context of low inflation, that the zero barrier won't be reached," Issing told the regional Berliner Zeitung daily.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde