Headline inflation was expected to accelerate, reflecting the rise in global commodity prices. Core inflation would increase in line with the rise in domestic demand but the latest inflation report showed that it would stay within the central bank's 0-3.5% target range for the next two years. Prices would rise by 1-2% this year, said the report.
Domestic demand continued to
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations