In its latest report on the health of World Economy, the IMF said it is "now likely" that Japan has slipped back into recession.
Real growth in the world's second largest economy is likely to decline by 0.5% in 2001 followed by a modest rebound in 2002, the IMF said.
This a gloomier forecast than the IMF issued a year ago, when it predic
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms