However, analysts caution that while Washington insiders say his name is likely high on the list, the field is still wide open.
Fisher, who ran open market and foreign exchange operations at the New York Fed before taking a post at the U.S. Treasury Department, has the market knowledge
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations