At 3.6%, eurozone inflation is now at its highest level since the central bank was founded. But the focus of speeches from the likes of Jean-Claude Trichet, the president of the central bank; Jose Manuel Barroso, the president of the European Commission; and Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, was very much on the euro's success.
Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, forme
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde