Turmoil in the financial markets appears to be having a longer impact on growth in the euro area than previously thought.
The EuroCOIN statistic, which the Bank of Italy and the Centre for Economic Policy Research describe as "a real-time monthly estimate of area-wide GDP growth" reporting quarter on quarter changes, fell to 0.66% in September.
This was down from 0.71% the previous month and from 0.84% in February 2007. The central bank and CEPR said: "EuroCOIN in September signals a further
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows