Speaking on Tuesday 7 October, Kansas City Fed chief Thomas Hoenig said the Federal Reserve's current policy stance was appropriate for an economy that needed to grow faster than its long-run sustainable pace in order to bring down the unemployment rate.
Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank President Thomas Hoenig said on Tuesday the U.S. economy was poised for solid expansion with low inflation through next year, although he warned that a lack of job growth posed a risk.
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
Back to Top