The potential cost, disclosed in the Bank's annual report, is accompanied by an escalating legal bill as it prepares its defence against the legal action brought by BCCI's liquidators.
BCCI collapsed in 1991 owing $10bn in the world's largest banking fraud.
The Bank said the liquidators' best estimate of
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure