The Office of Fair Trading said the £750m-a-year "interchange" fee, paid by shops to card issuers, breached the Competition Act after Mastercard and Europay, its European affiliate, applied for an exemption.
If the final decision backs the early ruling, it will force big changes to the structure of the credit card industry and could cost some com
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations