"In our opinion urgent clarification is needed to remove serious risks" to Italy's financial system, Bank of Italy governor Antonio Fazio wrote in a letter to Treasury Minister Vincenzo Visco. The letter was published on the Treasury's website.
The Bank of Italy estimated that
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production