The report also warns consumers that they could face prosecution if they are untruthful about their earnings in order to get a bigger mortgage than they can properly afford.
The report covered
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls