The bank is forced to go to the market every week to borrow an average of 8.0 to 8.5 billion shillings ($101-107 million), rolling over treasury bills as they mature.
Bank governor Nahashon Nyagah said although the bank had been hoping to reduce interest rates, the government's shaky finan
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors