earlier, before the G7 meeting, China had been asked asked not to hold the renminbi fixed to the U.S. dollar value. "We have already said time and again we are moving toward a more market-based, supply-and-demand based, flexible exchange rate. How long it takes, I don't know," said Mr. Li.
Mr. Li made it clear China won't b
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor