Until now Goklemez has headed the central bank's Istanbul branch. His appointment, approved by President Ahmet Necdet Sezer, comes at a volatile time for Turkish markets as the lira has lost about 15 percent of its value against the dollar since the end of April.
Rifat Gunay has been acting as the deputy governor of the central bank since March 15th, 2006 as former governor Sureyya
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group