The news comes ahead of figures due out on Friday which are expected to show that the French recovery is well underway too.
The German and French economies account for about half the output of the eurozone.
The German economy grew 0.2% in the first three months of 2002, mainly thanks to a strong rise in exports, the Germany's Federal Statistical Office said.
"These are the first indicatio
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production