Horst Koehler, IMF managing director, said: "I think we have to state that the global economy is still weak but we also now hope - and I call it cautious optimism - that really a recovery is under way".
He was speaking as police helicopters circled over New York while nearly 2,000 anti-globalisation protesters rallied outside
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development