"The Bank of Italy gave Unipol today the reasons that prevented it from agreeing to the authorisation for the takeover of BNL," the central bank said in a statement.
The central bank did not explain the reasons for its veto.
Unipol said in a separate
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group