"The Bank of Italy gave Unipol today the reasons that prevented it from agreeing to the authorisation for the takeover of BNL," the central bank said in a statement.
The central bank did not explain the reasons for its veto.
Unipol said in a separate state
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production