Chavez said during his weekly television program that he would use the surplus to bolster social programs for Venezuela's poor majority and create jobs by investing in agricultural and infrastructure.
"We are going to have to make a law," Chavez said Sunday. "I've asked the National Assembly, we will do it within the economic cabinet to put a cap" on the
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says