``I think (China's participation) is desirable,'' Fukui told a news conference following the annual meeting of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
Fukui said it was too early to discuss allowing China to join the group as an official member, but expressed his expectations for future participation.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations