"Contrary to the aims of the ECB, this rather unproductive and public debate is actually damaging confidence," he said in an interview with Financial World, the magazine of the Institute of Financial Services, to be published this week.
"You can't lay down hard-and-fast rul
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production