"Contrary to the aims of the ECB, this rather unproductive and public debate is actually damaging confidence," he said in an interview with Financial World, the magazine of the Institute of Financial Services, to be published this week.
"You can't lay down hard-and-fast rul
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor