Nandalal Weerasinghe, the central bank's chief economist and head of research told Reuters, a news agency, that the inflation would be above the 11% upper limit of the central bank's target range.
"We have been passing through the external shocks [such as rising global oil and food costs] to domestic prices," Weerasinghe said. "In that situation, I am sure we will
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production