The new Bank of England note - the first to feature a Scot - will be issued in the spring and will gradually replace the current £20 adorned by composer Sir Edward Elgar.
Bank of England chief cashier Andrew Bailey, whose signature appears on the notes, said: "The introduction of new banknote designs are our opportunity to incorpo
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations