Deputy governor Svante Oeberg was against the decision to keep the repo rate unchanged and noted that the upside risks to inflation have increased significantly since the February monetary policy meeting.
"Developments in the real economy have been stronger than forecast, the labour market has contin
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system