He will succeeding Christodoulos Christodoulou whose term in office ends on May 2 this year.
The report sais his term will be for five years.
Orphanides is now working as a Senior Advisor to the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, it said.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations