King told the Committee that the central bank's last forecast round in February did not anticipate the 'very striking' rise in gas prices.
'The increases in gas prices which were announced recently are likely to push inflation over the target in the short term, and erode the purchasing power of household inco
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure