King told the Committee that the central bank's last forecast round in February did not anticipate the 'very striking' rise in gas prices.
'The increases in gas prices which were announced recently are likely to push inflation over the target in the short term, and erode the purchasing power of household inco
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations