``At 1-3/4 percent, and inflation running about that or a little above it, real short-term interest rates are still negative or close to negative,'' he said, adding that he did not know what would happen to rates when the Fed's policy-setting Open Market Committee next met, in November.
``We can be 'measured' and be 'patient
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push