Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Roger Ferguson said on Wednesday that productivity growth, while posing a short-run economic challenge, was crucial to long-term U.S. economic health.
"In the short-run, when productivity is growing more rapidly, aggregate demand must also increase more quickly, in order to preve
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor