The finance ministry announced on Saturday that it aims to increase the fiscal stimulus even further, after unveiling a $255 billion spending programme a week earlier.
The fiscal measures come a time when monetary policy has also been relaxed. On Friday, the Bank of Japan cut its benchmark interest rate to 0.1% and announced that it
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says