The finance ministry announced on Saturday that it aims to increase the fiscal stimulus even further, after unveiling a $255 billion spending programme a week earlier.
The fiscal measures come a time when monetary policy has also been relaxed. On Friday, the Bank of Japan cut its benchmark interest rate to 0.1% and announced that it
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting