But for the bank's governor, Abdul Fitrat, it is a depressing sight. He is counting the country's cash. When he converts the heaps of Afghanis into dollars they are barely worth the paper they are printed on.
"Three and a half billion Afghanis are equivalent to $116,500 - that's really discouraging," he said.
Mr Fitrat has just returned
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde