In a keynote speech to the ruling Labour Party's annual conference, Blair said that since the 11 September terrorist attacks in the U.S., nations have been "instinctively drawing together." And Britain should join the euro as early as possible, as long as the economic conditions are right.
"We should only be part of the single currency if the economic conditio
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production